Saturday, January 13, 2007

eTrux

After reading The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton Christenson some time ago, I decided to start a pilot project to make web-based trucking software. (Currently we develop and sell Windows desktop trucking software.) I'd also been hearing a lot about Ruby on Rails so it seemed like a good chance to try it out.

eTrux.com is the result so far. There's not a lot there yet, but it's coming along.

Unlike other people's "too good to be true" stories, we weren't able to produce this over a weekend. Perhaps if I or the programmer I hired had more (any) experience with Ruby or Rails (or even web application development) it might have gone faster. But it's been a slow learning process (many months) to get to where we are now. I think/hope that it will go quicker now that we have figured out the basics.

Have a look. Any feedback is welcome.

No comments: