Monday, March 24, 2008

Remote Access with LogMeIn

I've been using LogMeIn to access my office computer while I'm traveling (to get access to things that are internal to the office). So far it's worked well, even accessing a Windows machine from my MacBook.

The only problem I've run into is that the Java file transfer doesn't work under Firefox - it locks up so you have to kill Firefox. This is mentioned on their support forum, but so far no solution. It works from Safari though, so it's not a big deal.

The basic version is free. I decided to pay for the Pro version since it was relatively cheap and I could use some of the Pro features.

There's a bit of a lag in typing, but that's not surprising considering I'm using wireless to dsl from Mexico to Canada. Occasionally it trips me up, but for my usage it's fine.

No comments: