With most of the server functional I decided it was time to try to get a Windows cSuneido client to talk to jSuneido.
I wasn't sure the best way to do this since I'm developing on OS X on the Mac and I can't run the Windows client there. I could get Eclipse and jSuneido running on Windows on Parallels, but that seemed like a lot of redundant effort.
I wasn't sure exactly how to do it, but the simplest seemed to be to get the Windows client running on Parallels connecting to the Java server on OS X. This turned out to be easy - although they're both on the same physical computer Windows and OS X had different IP addresses so it was easy to connect.
After stubbing out a couple more of the client-server commands I got to "nonexistent table: stdlib". I added code to create stdlib and got "can't find Init" (Init is the first thing Suneido tries to run.) I added code to output an Init to stdlib that just called Exit(). Sure enough, the client starts successfully, loads Init from the server, executes it, and exits normally.
This might not sound like much, but it's actually a big milestone. It means a lot of stuff is working. The next step is to implement "load" so I can dump stdlib from an existing database and load it into a jSuneido database. In theory then I should be able to run the IDE on the Windows client from the jSuneido server.