Monday, November 17, 2008

Thank Goodness

I was excited when I got to the point where I could start up a Suneido client from my Java Suneido server.

But ... as I soon realized, it was painfully slow. I wasn't panicking since it's still early stages, but it was nagging me. What if, like many people say, Java is just too slow?

I kept forgetting to try it at work on my Windows PC since at home I'm going though the Parallels virtual machine.

Finally I remembered, and ... big sigh of relief ... it's fast on my Windows PC. I haven't done any benchmarks but starting up the IDE seems roughly the same as with the cSuneido server.

I'm not quite sure why it's so slow with Parallels - that's a bit of a nuisance since I work on this mostly at home on my Mac. Maybe something to do with the networking? But at least I don't have a major speed issue (yet).

I'm also still running jSuneido from within Eclipse. That might make a difference too. One of these days I'll have to figure out how to run it outside the IDE!

No comments: