It's hard to convince some people to use a feed reader like Google Reader. That includes some of my family. There had to be a better way than manually emailing them every time I posted! Besides, it never hurts to give people options to work the way they prefer.
I noticed an email widget on Seth Godin's blog from FeedBlitz. It's free for personal use and turned out to be fairly easy to add.
- go to feedblitz.com
- click on Try FeedBlitz Now! and sign up
- click on Forms and Widgets
- click on Email Subscription Widgets > New Blogger Widget
- enter your email address and the verification, then click on "Install Your Email Subscription Widget On Blogger"
- you may have to log in to Blogger if you're not already, then you should get to:
- choose Add Widget and you should get to your layout
- look for a widget labeled "Email Subscriptions powered..." and drag it to where you want it
- to customize the appearance, choose Edit
- If it looks ok in Preview you can choose Save and you're finished. If you mess something up, just don't click Save.