Friday, January 16, 2009

jSuneido Progress

I had a good day working on jSuneido yesterday - got a bunch more tests passing. Several of the bugs fixed multiple tests which was nice. None of the bugs required a lot of effort to track down. A number of them were simply things I hadn't implemented yet, either deliberately or accidentally.

Only two tests are left failing (of the ones that don't involve rules or triggers) and both of them involve views, which I just haven't implemented yet. Views are handled by simple text substitution - replacing view names with their definitions. cSuneido did this "on the fly" during parsing but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do that using Antlr. (No doubt it's theoretically possible, but I don't want to spend too much time becoming an Antlr expert!)

Another benefit is that as I fix the bugs, the IDE (Windows cSuneido client connected to jSuneido server) has, not surprisingly, gotten a lot more stable.

It's nice to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" i.e. the end of this stage. I'm looking forward to starting the next stage (probably compiling the language to Java byte code).

No comments: