Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hands on the iPad

I got to touch an iPad today at the Apple store in Portland.

As others have mentioned, it is heavier than you expect. I'm not sure why that is when you've never felt one before. Maybe because the ads make it look so thin. You expect it to be as thin and light as an iPod Touch but it's thicker and heavier like an iPhone.

Beyond that it was like a bigger, faster, fancier iPhone. Cool, but nothing earth shaking.

Do I want one? Sure. Am I desperate to buy one this minute? Not really. My current iPhone plus Kindle combo works pretty well for me.

It was interesting to listen to people's reactions to the iPad. People still aren't quite sure where it fits.

As usual, the Apple store was packed. There always seems to be an undercurrent of excitement.

I fondled the new MacBooks, but externally they haven't changed much. It's that i7 heart I lust after. And I gazed longingly at the 26" iMac with quad core i7. Someday. It's not like there's anything wrong with my current MacBook or iMac. Just seductive marketing.



Location:SW Naito Pkwy,Portland,United States

No comments: