Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ilford Marketing Abuse

Can you spot the "unsubscribe" link on this email fragment:

It's at the bottom in tiny dark gray text on a black background. Could they have made it any harder to find?

I can just imagine the conversation: "Ok, so we have to have an unsubscribe link. How about if we make it really hard to see."

The reason they got my email address was that it was required so I could download color profiles for their high end inkjet paper. It seems to me, if you want people to buy your paper, then you want to make it as easy as possible for them to get good results. Not make them jump through hoops and get spammed, just for the "privilege" of buying their products.

They didn't even have a way to opt out of emails when you register, as most registration forms do.

Needless to say, it doesn't make me inclined to buy any more of Ilford's products.

No comments: