Saturday, May 15, 2021

Blogger Issues

Yesterday afternoon I wrote a blog post about my gSuneido progress. In the evening I got an email saying "Your post has been deleted" because "Your content has violated our Malware and Viruses policy."

The post was just some text and a couple of screenshots. It's hard to see how it could contain malware or viruses. Of course, it was gone, so I couldn't prove that. And of course, there was no human to contact.

It was a funny because it actually made me a bit upset. I think that was partly from the feeling of helplessness against the faceless Google behemoth. A bit like dealing with the government. And it's free, so what can you say?

This morning I got another email saying "We have re-evaluated the post. Upon review, the post has been reinstated." Who exactly is "we"? Somehow I doubt that was a human. Now our software gets to use the royal "we"? I suspect it would have been more honest to say "sorry, we screwed up"

It was still not showing up, but then I found they had put it back as a draft and I had to publish it again.

A quick search found someone else reporting a similar issue and Google responding with "we're aware of the problem".

It was a good reminder to back up my content. Not that there's anything too important, but it's of nostalgic interest to me, if nothing else. (You can download from the blog Settings.)

No comments: