Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eclipse Annoyance

Have I mentioned that the auto-indent/wrapping in Eclipse really sucks!

            insertExistingRecords(tran, columns, table, colnums,
 fktablename,
                    fktable, fkcolumns, btreeIndex);

I know formatting is somewhat subjective, but I can't see how this kind of result can be called "correct" under any interpretation. The frustrating part is that you fix it, and next time you turn around, it's mangled again.

I cannot understand how the Eclipse developers tolerate this. Surely somewhat would get annoyed enough to fix it. The only thing I can guess is that they don't use it. I wonder why. Maybe I'm the idiot for leaving it turned on!

To be fair, maybe it works for everyone else and it's something specific to my settings that messes it up. If so, I haven't been able to find the magic combination of settings that "works".

No comments: